In this release, we are happy to announce the introduction of a brand new feature to MessageGears – Context Data APIs. Marketers are able to use Context Data APIs to open up new avenues of personalization options by leveraging API services to add new information to their content. With the addition of Context Data APIs, we used this release as an opportunity to review the template previewing and testing workflow. The updated Template flow allows template authors to preview and send test their content without having to save or leave the page so that they can be confident in their changes before storing their content.
Context Data APIs
Currently, users can enrich their recipient data with Context Data – static data pulled from the user’s data warehouse, or Real-Time Context Data – live data pulled from the user’s data warehouse that can be updated in real-time. Context Data APIs provide a third option for users to enrich their templates and improve the recipient’s experience. Context Data APIs give the user the ability to connect to an outside source and create renderable fields in their content that reference that source.
- Ability to create API endpoints
- Ability to map Context Data APIs to Templates
- Ability to preview for Context Data APIs in Template Preview
- Ability for users to reference data fields from Context Data API in templates using Freemarker
- Updates the Personalization Helper in Templates to include Freemarker data field and simple copy and paste functionality
Create and Edit Context Data APIs
Context APIs are a new feature within MessageGearsEngage. Data Admins have the ability to create a new context API, preview the result of the API, and preview sample recipient data input to see how different sample recipients affect the API response. Once a Context API has been created, a Data Admin can return and edit it as needed. The following API Request types will be available:
Use a Mapped Context Data API
Template Authors will be able to use a specified amount of mapped Context APIs within their template. Once they’ve mapped their Context API to their template, they will be able to select Freemarkers from the Personalization Helper to easily reference the data field within their template.
Use an Unmapped Context Data API
Template Authors will be able to use one unmapped Context API within their template and write Freemarkers to reference the data field within their template.
Preview Templates with a Context Data API
Template Authors will be able to preview the results of their Context API directly from the Template Preview modal. They will be able to edit their Sample Recipient Info to verify the API is rendering correctly for different recipients.
Improved Template Preview Workflows
At MessageGears, we are constantly improving how our users interact with our product, and this release we’ve improved our template preview experience. With the new workflow, users can now preview their template in a modal and send tests without having to save any changes, which reduces time spent and back and forth. Not to mention, users now have the ability to download and upload sample recipient data and sample context data when testing.
- Provide transient preview support to templates
- Provide transient send test support to templates
- Improve configurable sample recipient data
- Template Authors now have the ability to preview unsaved changes on their template in a modal and easily navigate back to the edit page.
- Template Authors now have the ability to send tests with their transient templates from the preview modal.
- Template Authors now have the ability to download their sample recipient data, whether it’s sample audience data or sample context data.
- Template Authors now have the ability to upload their sample audience data or sample context data.